STAUNTON, Va.—Friends, family and Soldiers of the 116th Infantry Brigade Combat Team will commemorate the service of the historical 116th Infantry Regiment Nov. 9-10 during the 45th Annual 116th Regimental Muster. The celebration will kick-off with a golf tournament Nov. 9, followed by a 5k fun run Nov. 10. The culminating event of the weekend will be a formal dinner and muster ceremony.
“Historically, a muster was the day designated each year when all of the able-bodied residents in every community, in a developing America, assembled at the court house for roll call,” said retired Brig. Gen. Theodore G. Shuey, Jr., the honorary colonel of the 116th Regiment. “In this way leaders determined who could be counted on in the event of an emergency.” This year, the “event honors and supports our Wounded Warriors and is part of our capital campaign to fund a permanent museum for the 116th Regiment.”
Saturday afternoon the 116th Infantry Regiment Foundation, Inc. will be hosting the grand opening and first open house of the new Stonewall Brigade Museum now located three miles north of Staunton at 566 Lee Highway in Verona.
45th Annual 116th Regimental Muster Schedule
• November 9 – Golf Tournament
• Time: 9:00 am
• Location: Ingleside, 1410 Commerce Road, Staunton, VA 24401
• Cost: $60 (free range balls and cart)
• POC: Lt. Col. Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• November 10 – 5k Fun Run
• Time: 8:00 am
• Location: Gypsy Hill Park, Staunton, VA, Thomas D. Howie Memorial Armory
• Cost: $30.00 pre-race day; $35.00 on race day
• POC: 1st Sgt. David Phillips (email@example.com)
• November 10 – Formal Dinner (by invitation)
• Time: 6:00 pm
• Location: Stonewall Jackson Hotel
FOR THE NEWS MEDIA: Any news organization looking to cover events this weekend should contact Staff. Sgt. Rebecca Petrie by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (208) 407-6708.